Leatt Neck Brace DBX 4.5, Black / Purple L / XL chest (cm) 94-122
The core of what makes the Leatt neck braces work is the function of directing the crash forces from your helmet to the body and bypassing the neck - Alternative Load Path Technology - ALPT. For the ALPT to work at its best, optimally braces to fit. The adjustability built into all Leatt neck braces is not just for comfort, but to ensure a correct fit that assists in optimizing ALPT effectiveness. CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has an exclusive feature that allows it to be adjusted in 4 angles.
The semi-rigid chassis is flexible enough to fit into the body of the body. Remember that is a rigid construction for reducing neck forces. A brace that's soft or gives way would drastically reduce the function or even increase the force over time. Multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones wants to break or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders' safety. The Leatt Neck Brace DBX 4.5 gives you more safeness under all conditions.
- CE tested and certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686 / EEC
- Chassis: The key is the Leatt rigid non-flex chassis. Stopping and de-accelerating the head quickly reduces the risk of a neck injury. A flexible or a soft chassis weakens over time and offers much less protection than a Leatt neck brace.
- Platform: Size and height matters. The Leatt helmet striking platform is unique. The shape and size is optimized to make contact with the helmet shell. The helmet is not allowed to protrude over the correct sized platform and the helmet wants to touch the platform before stretching out your neck.
- Overload: Neck braces do not absorb energy. They transfer energy from the helmet to the body. Leatt neck braces have built in overload protection. The rear thoracic, the rear wing and the front platform will all break in case of overload.
- Fit: Only a perfect fit can bypass the load from your helmet to the body. No other neck brace has the adjustability and the fit like a Leatt!
- Testing Data: Leatt is the only neck brace manufacturer that can back up their technology with true testing data. Hybrid III Crash Test Dummy and Motorcycle Specific Crash Test Neck with computer software available. BMW is still Leatt's proud customer.
- 2 way adjustable
ALPT (Alternative Load Path Technology) ?
- Entry level high performance bicycle neck brace
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body's natural movements
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- 3 angle rear thoracic strut to fit most body shapes
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included