Eliminate dropped chains forever and more than double your chainring life with the new OneUp Components Bash Guide.
As the trend for lower and slacker bikes continues, chainring protection is becoming even more important. The OneUp Bash Guide uses the same simple, one tool installation and adjustment as our best-selling ISCG05 Chain Guide, but adds more strength where you need it.
The OneUp Bash Guide was developed with input from EWS World Champions, Richie Rude and Jared Graves. Reinforced Nylon bash guards and a back plate cut from 8mm thick 7075-T6 aluminum, ensure that the OneUp Bash Guide can handle the biggest hits, but at a weight of only 102g (34T)you may forget it’s even there.
The first chain guide designed to be both Oval and Boost compatible.
“Light, strong and does its job. The Bash Guide has saved me a few times now and I don’t think I will go back."
Jesse Melamed, Rocky Mountain Bicycles Urge BP Rally Team.
NOT JUST FOR ENDURO RACERS.
The OneUp Bash Guide is equally at home on your trail bike, where the extra bash protection is a must for aggressive riders or on your DH rig. With the popularity of clutch derailleurs, it is no longer necessary to run a chain guide with a lower roller to effectively tension your chain. DH racers and Bike Park rippers will appreciate the huge reduction in drag with the elimination of the lower roller, without sacrificing any strength or chain retention.
The OneUp Bash Guide includes 3 different sizes of bash plate for compatibility with chainrings from 28-36T.
- Install without removing your crank
- Single tool install and adjustment
- Boost compatible
- Oval Compatible
- Stainless Steel hardware
- Includes 2 top guide pieces 1xBlack 1xGreen
- Includes 3 bash plates (28-30T, 32-34T, 36T)
- Patent Pending adjustment system
Weight: 87g 28-30T, 102g 32-34T, 105g 36T
Chainline: 5.5mm adjustment
Color: Black and Green top guide pieces included
Material: 7075 aluminum, top guide glass reinforced thermoplastic
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 2016 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR CARBON FRAMES
GUIDE SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Set chainring size tighten bolt to 3Nm
2. Hold backplate directly against ISCG05 tabs. Check for clearance between the back side of the bashplate/guide and the bike frame (use included 2.5mm spacers if necessary to space the backplate away from the frame).
3. Rotate backplate until flat is horizontal and torque bolts to 5Nm
4. With crankset and chain installed, use spacer shim block to measure clearance between back plate and chain
5. Determine the corresponding number of chainline shims required
6. If more than 5 shims are required, install the supplied 6mm washers behind the backplate and return to step 2
7. Assemble top guide with spacers and tighten bolt to 3Nm
BASH REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove Bash Guide from bike
2. Remove bolt retaining clip from rear bash plate bolt by pushing a 4mm hex through the bolt from the backside of the guide.
3. Remove Bash bolts using a 5mm hex
4. Select desired bash plate and reinstall bash bolts to 6Nm
5. Reinstall bolt retaining clip on the rear bash plate bolt
6. Reinstall Bash Guide onto bike